It can be hard to start and commit to your health and fitness journey!
Do you have a demanding job that leaves you little to no time to workout? Maybe you’ve had kids and can’t seem to get back to a routine for you. Were you a former athlete and stopped training, but now you can’t do what you used to back in the day?
Whether it’s your first time working out, or you’re returning to exercise after an injury or you’re taking some time off, a fitness journey can feel overwhelming and defeating at times.
Here are some of my best tips to help you overcome your excuses:
- Try to make exercise fun by playing your favorite type of music, dance to the beat, or put some energy into it!
- If you can’t afford a gym membership right now, try taking CSFIT outdoors to get out of the house and get a sweat in under the sun!
- Squeeze in exercise whenever you can, even if it’s just for 10 minutes. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you fall off your schedule, just get back on it – your hard work will pay off.
- Find a workout buddy to help hold yourself accountable.
- Try working out at home by yourself with CSFit. This way, YOU can make your exercises as intense as YOU want them to be!
- Exercising is all about determination and perseverance, so pick an activity that will motivate you and keep you excited throughout the whole workout.
- When exercising, make sure that your form is correct. If you are unsure, follow me @CaseySimmonsFit on Instagram, where I post tips on correct form, or find YouTube videos from qualified professionals – the last thing I want is for you to get injured.
- If something hurts when you exercise, take a break from using those parts of your body for today’s workout. For example, if your legs are sore, try doing bicep curls instead of squats. This way you won’t overtrain your muscles and risk injury.
- At the end of your workouts, stretch out and cool down to keep your muscles loose and mobile.
Want even more tips? Keep reading!
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Your body needs the rest to recover.
- Take a break when you need one, do not overtrain your muscles!
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Everyone is at a different level and will improve at their own pace. Stick with it and you will surpass your own expectations in the end!
- Trust in what you’re doing. If you don’t believe in yourself, then why should anybody else? Believe that if you work hard, you’ll get the results that you want!
- Remember to always stay hydrated throughout the day! Being dehydrated can cause headaches, muscle pain, fatigue, and can even lead to cramps.
- Sometimes the hardest part of working out is getting started! Whether you’re at home or in the gym, just get moving and it’ll soon feel like second nature.
- Don’t let yourself get discouraged, do your best to stay focused and stay consistent.
- You can never out-exercise a bad diet! Start treating your body like a temple, inside and out.
Remember, you can overcome your excuses and get started with CSFit today!
When you commit to yourself and make time for YOU, you can start to work towards your goals confidently, and in a way that will suit your lifestyle. As you find your fitness motivation, you can even inspire others around you who may have the same fears or obstacles.
And never forget, CSFit is here to help you accomplish your goals and support you in any way that you need!